Music Artist Thumb
- Artist thumbs are high quality thumbnail images of an artist or band
- Can be used while browsing your media centre library to show Thumbnails of all your artists/bands
- Images must be in jpg format sized 1000x1000 pixels, no exceptions.
- Copyright infos need to be added in the Comments when uploading the image. (1. If the image is a Promo / PR shot from the band’s official webpage, social media or record company, then a link to the source is required.2. If the image is from any other source, then a link to the source AND the name of the copyright holder is required).
- Only high quality images will be accepted
- Do not use album covers and if possible try to use images that are not already artist backgrounds
- Artist thumb must contain the whole band/group
- Artist thumb may not contain any text or logos
- Images should not have borders or frames round them
Other rules and considerations
__Each image should be it’s own unique piece of art. __
__Do not submit art that is similar to art already on the site, or to your own submissions. __
This includes different zoom levels of the same image, and using different logo combinations with the same images.
The only exception is the 2 language rule.
Each user is limited to creating a piece of art in a maximum of 2 languages.
The most prominent language in the logo is what determines what language to set.
English is the default language as well as the fallback language in Media Centers, this will ensure the artwork is available to the widest audience possible. When we move to the new site, we will have an option to set a piece of art to multiple languages which will make this rule obsolete, but until then please observe this rule.
We really don’t want to swamp our database with a zillion images in every possible language/format that exists. If there is an interest for some art in a language that is not available, it will prompt that user to either create that artwork themselves, or they can use the request system. This way only images that are in demand are getting produced, and we are not filling up our pages with art gathering dust.
Our goal should be to try and fill in or make artwork where there is none. This is much more helpful to the site. One look at our Incomplete Section should give plenty of opportunities for people who want to produce a lot of art and want to really help the site at the same time.