Music Record Label
- Record label logos are images with a transparent background
- Can be used to show next to your album covers while browsing your media center
- These logos exist in color, white&transparent gradient, black&transparent gradient version
- Image Size 400 x 270px
- Center aligned both horizontal and vertical
- Try to fill as much width/height as possible while keeping aspect ratio
- Colored logos need to be visible on all kinds of backgrounds
- Add a small 1-2px drop shadow/border to a colored logo so if on a lighter skin they’ll out a little more instead of blend in
- White gradient logos should look good with different kinds of colordiffuse overlays
- Logo should be authentic to the original logo
- The same logo may be applicable to several record label entries. Please upload it to each one of them
Other rules and considerations
Each image should be it’s own unique piece of art.
Do not submit art that is similar to art already on the site, or to your own submissions.
This includes different zoom levels of the same image, and using different logo combinations with the same images.
The only exception is the 2 language rule.
Each user is limited to creating a piece of art in a maximum of 2 languages.
The most prominent language in the logo is what determines what language to set.
English is the default language as well as the fallback language in Media Centers, this will ensure the artwork is available to the widest audience possible. When we move to the new site, we will have an option to set a piece of art to multiple languages which will make this rule obsolete, but until then please observe this rule.
We really don’t want to swamp our database with a zillion images in every possible language/format that exists. If there is an interest for some art in a language that is not available, it will prompt that user to either create that artwork themselves, or they can use the request system. This way only images that are in demand are getting produced, and we are not filling up our pages with art gathering dust.
Our goal should be to try and fill in or make artwork where there is none. This is much more helpful to the site. One look at our Incomplete Section should give plenty of opportunities for people who want to produce a lot of art and want to really help the site at the same time.