- cdArts are the original music discs with a transparent background
- Can be used while browsing your media center library to show the original disc next to the cover
- Can be used as a spinning disc in music visualization while playing music on a media center
- Images must be in png format sized 1000x1000 pixels, no exceptions.
- The cdART template must be used for consistency
- Outside areas and middle must be transparent
- Split rings must be used when necessary
- Images must be rotated so that the text is upright
- No usernames or designer names are permitted
- Only high quality images will be accepted
- Original cd art preferred, but custom art considered if standards are met
Other rules and considerations
Each image should be it’s own unique piece of art.
Do not submit art that is similar to art already on the site, or to your own submissions.
This includes different zoom levels of the same image, and using different logo combinations with the same images.
The only exception is the 2 language rule.
Each user is limited to creating a piece of art in a maximum of 2 languages.
The most prominent language in the logo is what determines what language to set.
English is the default language as well as the fallback language in Media Centers, this will ensure the artwork is available to the widest audience possible. When we move to the new site, we will have an option to set a piece of art to multiple languages which will make this rule obsolete, but until then please observe this rule.
We really don’t want to swamp our database with a zillion images in every possible language/format that exists. If there is an interest for some art in a language that is not available, it will prompt that user to either create that artwork themselves, or they can use the request system. This way only images that are in demand are getting produced, and we are not filling up our pages with art gathering dust.
Our goal should be to try and fill in or make artwork where there is none. This is much more helpful to the site. One look at our Incomplete Section should give plenty of opportunities for people who want to produce a lot of art and want to really help the site at the same time.
- No cropping of text by disc edge or center hole (titles/flags/actors etc)
If using characters from movie on custom disc art – do not crop their faces over center hole.
Partial cropping may be allowed but is at the moderators discretion.